- 1- 8 oz jar Mezzetta Sun Ripened Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- 6-8 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 c. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 c. Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. black pepper, ground
- 16 oz pepper turkey, sliced
- 8 oz dry salami, sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 3 c. arugula
- 20 Mezzetta Golden Greek Peperoncini, drained and sliced
- 4 each Mezzetta Roasted Bell Peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Make a pesto by pulsing the first five ingredients (Mezzetta Sun Ripened Dried Tomatoes through pine nuts) in a food processor until slightly chunky. Turn on the processor and slowly add Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil until the pesto achieves the desired consistency. Fold in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste. Set aside.
Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice & zest, crushed garlic and ground black pepper. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Build 4 stacks of turkey, salami and provolone cheese on a baking sheet. Heat the stacks in the oven until the cheese melts.
Slice the ciabatta loaf in half, horizontally and then into four sandwich portions. Spread a generous portion of the pesto on the inside of all the pieces of bread.
Place the warm stacks of meat and cheese onto the bottom portions of ciabatta. Top with Mezzetta Roasted Bell Peppers and sliced Mezzetta Golden Greek Peperoncini.
Drizzle the sandwiches with some of the mayonnaise mix and top with arugula.
Place the loaf tops on the arugula, brush the sandwiches with the remaining Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil and place in the oven for a few minutes to heat the bread.
Make That Sandwich Contest Honorable Mention Sandwich 2010 Kris Graves-Santa Rosa, CA