Mezzetta® Pressed Picnic Sandwich
1 hour 20 minutes
This epic sandwich features layers of savory deli meats, creamy cheeses, and vibrant Mezzetta products, all packed between crusty artisan bread. Once assembled, the sandwich is pressed to perfection, allowing the ingredients to meld harmoniously and creating a portable sandwich that's ideal for picnics, road trips, or any on-the-go adventure!
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large crusty ciabatta loaf
- 1/2 cup Italian Olive Salad & Sandwich Spread drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Roasted Red Bell Peppers drained
- 8 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts Quartered drained
- 6 ounces prosciutto
- 4 ounces spicy salami such as soppressata or calabrese
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- To a small bowl, add the Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper and whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
- Slice the ciabatta loaf in half horizontally and scoop out the soft interior of the top portion of the crust. Save the discarded bread for another use such as breadcrumbs or croutons!
- Spread the Mezzetta® Italian Olive Salad and Sandwich Spread all over the bottom crust followed by the Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers. Crumble the goat cheese all over the peppers and add the Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Hearts.
- Drizzle with half of the vinaigrette and then add the prosciutto, salami, and fresh basil leaves. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette all over top, place the top crust on the sandwich and tightly wrap the entire sandwich in plastic wrap.
- Place the sandwich on a standard rimmed baking sheet, followed by a heavy cast iron skillet. This pressing method ensures the vinaigrette permeates through all the other ingredients and all the flavors meld together.
- Place the sandwich in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 8 hours and simply slice horizontally when ready to serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.