Cal-Italian Chopped Salad
We put a fresh California spin on a traditional Italian Chopped Salad. Pair it with any Italian dish, grilled chicken or salmon, or serve it on its own as a main course. Perfect for warm weather nights, backyard barbecues, and potlucks.
- Red Wine Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped Salad
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- 1 head radicchio halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 a small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 slices genoa salami thinly sliced
- 4 slices provolone halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini
- 1 cup Pitted Italian Castelvetrano Olives
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- In a mason jar with a lid, add all the ingredients for the dressing and shake until fully combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad, dress as desired and season with a few cracks of black pepper. Toss to combine and serve.