The Strawberry Hunger Abater
This recipe is courtesy of Jennifer Zuk, winner of our 2011 Mezzetta® Make That Sandwich Contest. We loved this sandwich because of the juxtaposition of the sweet strawberries and the salty Kalamata olives. The combination of creamy goat cheese and spicy peperoncini is equally wonderful. A visually stunning sandwich that is great for brunch. Enjoy it with a fine glass of California sparkling wine!
- 2 store bought croissants
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 whole Roasted Red Bell Peppers drained
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 ½ oz soft goat cheese
- 6 large strawberries sliced
- 14 Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives drained
- 1/4 cup Golden Greek Peperoncini drained
- 14 Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips drained
- Baby spinach leaves
- Slice the croissants horizontally with a serrated knife and set aside.
- In a small food processor, purèe the mayonnaise and the Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper. Spread the bottoms of the croissants with honey mustard, then the goat cheese. Top with the sliced strawberries. Add Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives. Sprinkle with Mezzetta® Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips and the spinach leaves.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture on each of the top halves of the croissants. Place on top of the sandwich.