This recipe reached over 1 million views on our TikTok page and trust us, it tastes just as good as it looks! Rich, savory salumi, is mixed with crispy iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and onions, tossed in red wine vinegar and olive oil, and topped with pickles. Add in our spicy cherry peppers, pepperoncini and Italian Olive Salad, and pile it onto an Italian hoagie roll, and you have the perfect sandwich! Ideal for picnics or a quick, hearty lunch.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Italian Olive Salad & Sandwich Spread
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini drained
- 1/4 cup Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers drained
- 1 (8-10 inch) sandwich roll halved lengthwise
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 slices Genoa Salami
- 2 slices black forest ham
- 3 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 2 thin slices tomato
- In a large bowl, add the mayo, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and the Mezzetta Italian Olive Salad and Sandwich Spread. Stir everything to combine and add the lettuce, red onion, Mezzetta Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini and the Mezzetta Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers. Toss everything together until the lettuce is fully coated and set aside until ready to use.
- Cut the sandwich roll in half and to the bottom half of the roll add both cheeses and to the top half of the roll add the salami, ham and prosciutto. Place the sandwich roll on a rimmed baking sheet and transfer to the oven until the cheese is fully melted, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sliced tomato to the bottom half of the roll, top with a generous helping of the lettuce mixture and close the sandwich.