Fig Salad with Bleu Cheese Olives
Sweet and earthy, figs are the perfect complement to this salad made with fresh crisp spinach, tangy Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives and salty prosciutto. Simple and full of flavor, top it off with some candied pecans, for an extra bit of sweet crunch.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 6 fresh figs quartered
- 1 cup cubed honey crisp apple
- 1/2 cup Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto torn
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, shallot and salt and pepper to taste. Slowly stream in the olive oil, whisking constantly until emulsified. Set aside. Store any remaining dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To a large salad bowl, add the spinach, figs, apple, sliced Mezzetta® Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives, torn prosciutto and candied pecans. Drizzle the salad with desired amount of dressing before serving.