Napa Valley Picnic Sandwich
Make this as one long sandwich on a fresh French baguette, pack with delicious Mezzetta® products, and cut into individual portions and enjoy on an amazing picnic in the Napa Valley—or your favorite picnic destination!
- Marinated Onions
- 1/2 cup small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Parmesan Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 large sourdough baguette
- 8 ounces Genoa salami
- 8 ounces Black Forest ham
- 1 cup Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeño Peppers drained
- 1 cup Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup Grilled Artichoke Hearts drained
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the sliced onion with the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Set aside and allow to soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Slice the baguette in half horizontally, spread the parmesan mayonnaise on the top half of the bread and add the mixed greens to the bottom half of the bread and add the ham followed by the salami.
- Add the Mezzetta® Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeño Peppers and Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives. Once the onions have marinated, drain the liquid, and add the onions to the sandwich.
- Finish with the Mezzetta® Grilled Artichoke Hearts and shaved Parmesan.
- Cut the baguette into 4 equal sandwiches, individually wrap, and refrigerate if taking to a picnic or serve immediately.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.