Spanish Style Grilled Cheese
This award-winning ham and cheese sandwich draws its inspiration from the bright sunny flavors of Spain! Thanks to Montana homemaker, Edwina Gadsby, for her 2008 grand-prize winner of the Mezzetta® Make That Sandwich Contest.
- Smoky Paprika Roasted Pepper and Tomato Spread
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips
- 1 cup Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes Sulfite Free
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Grilled Cheese
- 8 slice peasant bread or other artisan bread
- 3 cups shredded Manchego cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Serrano ham or prosciutto
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the vinegar, paprika, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, and grated garlic. Add the Mezzetta® Roasted Red Pepper Strips, Mezzetta® Sun- Ripened Dried Tomatoes and cilantro and pulse until a paste is formed. Set aside.
- Sprinkle 4 slices of bread with half the cheese. Top with the smoky paprika and roasted pepper topping and serrano ham. Apply the remaining cheese as another layer. Top with a second piece of bread and press together.
- Brush sandwiches with the remaining extra virgin olive oil and sear in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides and cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.