A delicious take on the traditional BLT sandwich. Swap out crispy bacon with crispy, oven baked prosciutto and you will find yourself asking the question “why haven't I done this sooner?”
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay the slices of prosciutto onto the foil and bake in the oven for 8 minutes until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the mayo and Mezzetta® Artisan Ingredients™ Basil Pesto. Stir together to combine. And spread a bit of the mayo mixture on all 8 slices of toasted bread.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the Mezzetta® Italian Olive Salad and Sandwich Spread to the top slice of each sandwich and spread to cover.
- To the bottom slice of each sandwich (mayo mixture only), add 1 leaf of romaine lettuce, 2 slices of heirloom tomato and 2 pieces of crispy prosciutto. Add the top slice of bread to each sandwich and serve.