Pesto Chicken Wings
Our Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto doesn’t just belong on pizza or pasta anymore! Why not try switching up your favorite gameday recipes with this new and exciting way to serve wings. Buffalo, what?
- 3 lbs. party wings
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (6.25 ounce) jar Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto
- Special Equipment
- Wire rack to fit in a rimmed baking sheet
- In a large bowl, add the chicken wings, salt and pepper and 1 jar of Mezzetta® Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto. Toss everything around to coat and transfer to the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F, line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack over foil. That wire rack ensures that hot air can circulate all around the wings, which helps to get them super-crispy.
- Remove the wings from the bowl and, using tongs or gloves, transfer to the prepared baking sheet and place the wings in the oven to bake for 30 minutes, flipping the wings halfway to ensure an evenly crisp wing! Finally, turn the wings one more time and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. The skin will continue to crisp as the wings sit. Add the wings to a large bowl and toss in ½ the remaining jar of pesto before serving alongside the remaining half of the 2nd jar of pesto for dipping!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.