Banana Pepper Chicken Wings
1 hour 30 minutes
Hot Banana Pepper Rings are the secret to making the crispiest chicken wings you’ve ever tasted! Marinated in the pepper brine and then baked to perfection, these wings get an extra dose of heat from a sauce made from blended Hot Banana Pepper Rings. These hot and spicy super crispy wings taste great, without all the guilt.
- Banana Pepper Wings
- 3 lbs party wings
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Hot Banana Pepper Rings brine only rings reserved*
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Banana Pepper Wing Sauce
- Hot Banana Pepper Rings *
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a large resealable bag, add the chicken wings, Mezzetta® Hot Banana Pepper Rings brine and water. Reserve the rings to use later in the recipe.
- Seal and toss the wings around in the bag to coat. Place in the refrigerator to brine for 25-30 minutes. Do not exceed 30 minutes.
- While the wings marinate, make the sauce. To a blender, add the remaining Mezzetta® Hot Banana Pepper Rings along with the water, salt and sugar and blend on high until completely smooth. Transfer to a bowl until ready to use. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F, line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack over foil. That wire rack ensures that hot air can circulate all around the wings, which helps to get them super-crispy.
- Remove the wings from the brine and, using tongs or gloves, transfer to a large bowl and pat as dry as you can with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and vegetable oil. Toss together until the wings are fully coated in the seasoning.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the wire-rack lined baking sheet and transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes, flipping the wings halfway to ensure an evenly crisp wing! Finally, turn the wings one more time and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. The skin will continue to crisp as the wings sit. Add the wings to a large bowl and toss in ½ cup of the banana pepper wing sauce before serving. The wings can also be served un-sauced with the sauce on the side.
*For less heat use Mezzetta® Mild Banana Pepper Rings and remove the sugar from the sauce.
Rimmed baking sheet
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.