Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Olives
This recipe is perfect for a delicious weeknight meal that comes together in under an hour. Using only one sheet pan to cook means having only one sheet pan to clean up. It’s a win for the cook and diners alike; the true definition of “winner, winner, chicken dinner.”
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 cup Pitted Italian Castelvetrano Olives
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 lemon sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- In small bowl, add the salt, pepper, red chili flakes, smoked paprika and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives, Mezzetta® Pitted Italian Castelvetrano Olives, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and half of the spice mixture. Set aside.
- Add the chicken to a rimmed baking sheet and rub with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the rest of the spice mixture until fully coated.
- Scatter the potatoes and olives around the chicken, making sure the potatoes are all cut side down. Scatter the lemon slices and thyme sprigs on top and transfer to the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Divide the chicken, potatoes and olives among plates and serve, spooning any pan juices over the plate.