Pasta & Pizza
Garlic Shrimp Linguine with Tomato Pesto
Our traditionally made Italian pesto is enriched with flavorful sun-ripened dried tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, savory Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, fresh basil and garlic. Combine with ripe cherry tomatoes, loads of garlic, and plump flavorful shrimp for a quick and easy weeknight meal that is guaranteed to impress.
- 1 lb. linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 pint cherry, grape or Sungold tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb. medium or large shimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup dry white wine such as Pinot Grigio
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (6.25oz) jars Artisan Ingredients® Tomato Pesto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Bring a large pot of salted water* to a boil and cook the linguine according to the package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water before draining and setting aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots, cherry tomatoes and garlic and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until the shallots are soft and the cherry tomatoes start to breakdown. Add the garlic, cook until fragrant and add the peeled and deveined shrimp and white wine and sauté for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until shrimp are cooked through and opaque. Add the chili flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- To the same large skillet, add in the cooked pasta, Artisan Ingredients® Tomato Pesto and about ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss together until combined and the pesto clings to the linguine noodles. Thin out with more pasta water if needed.
- Divide the pasta among bowls, sprinkle with parsley and add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice before serving.
The perfect ratio of salt to water for cooking pasta is 1 tablespoon of salt for every 4 quarts (16 cups) of water.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.