Sides & Snacks
Pesto Deviled Eggs
Give an Italian spin to this classic party appetizer by adding our Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto. While you’ve probably never thought to use pesto in deviled eggs before, we bet you’ll never be able to think about them without it again!
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Small basil leaves for garnish
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover by 1 inch with cool water. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Once the water just starts to boil, immediately cover the pan, and remove from heat. Let eggs sit, covered, for 12 minutes. Drain the eggs and cover with cool water. Tap the bottom of the eggshell to just crack the shell open and let cool in the water for 5 minutes. Eggs can be peeled immediately.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and place the yolks in a medium mixing bowl. Add the Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper to taste and mash with a fork until creamy and smooth.
- Add the mixture into a large, zip top bag and cut the bottom corner of the bag off. Pipe the filling into the center of the whites of the egg. Garnish with small basil leaves and serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.