Fish & Seafood Dishes
Teriyaki Shrimp Bowl
If you love shrimp, rice, and the flavors of Asian cuisine, then you’ll love this healthy and delicious low-calorie bowl for your next weeknight meal!
- 1 lb. medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Kona Coast® Spicy Teriyaki Marinade & Grilling Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice* divided
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots divided
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds optional to garnish
- 1 small sheet of nori thinly sliced
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger optional**
- Add the shrimp and Kona Coast® Spicy Teriyaki Marinade and Grilling Sauce to a large bowl and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the mayonnaise and sriracha to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the shrimp and any marinade from the bowl. Cook, about 2 minutes per side, until the shrimp is opaque, and the marinade is thickened slightly.
- Divide the rice among 2 bowls and fill each bowl with the shrimp, shredded carrots, avocado, scallions, a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds, sliced nori, pickled ginger (if using), and a drizzle of the sriracha mayo.
* The best way to make the perfect jasmine rice is by bringing 2 ¾ cup of water to a boil in a saucepot with a pinch of salt. Once boiling, add in 1 ½ cups jasmine rice. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Allow the rice to simmer for 15 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and let sit for an additional 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Yields 3 cups.
** Pickled ginger can often be found in the Asian aisle of your local grocery store or at any Asian specialty market.