Healthy, simple and fresh! This perfect summer tomato salad with creamy burrata gets the buttery, briny treatment thanks to our Pitted Italian Castelvetrano Olives. Tossed together with fresh basil leaves, and drizzled with a tangy dressing of oil, vinegar and our Artisan Ingredients® Tomato Pesto, this simple summer side dish is sure to impress.
- Tomato Pesto Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons Artisan Ingredients® Tomato Pesto
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Burrata Caprese
- 4 heirloom tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Pitted Italian Castelvetrano Olives
- 1 ball (8oz) burrata
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Artisan Ingredients® Tomato Pesto, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add the wedges of heirloom tomato, basil leaves, Mezzetta® Pitted Italian Castelvetrano Olives and a few spoonfuls of the tomato pesto vinaigrette. Toss to combine.
- Place the ball of burrata into the center of a serving platter and scatter the tomato and olive mixture around the platter. Drizzle with extra dressing if desired and serve.