Sides & Snacks
Balsamic Glazed Carrots with Pesto and Pistachios
Flavorful Basil Pesto transforms a simple carrot side dish into an extraordinary appetizer along with premium balsamic vinegar and tasty pistachios. Vegetables so irresistible, they just might steal the show!
- 2 bunches carrots (roughly 10-12) peeled and tops removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted, unsalted and shelled pistachios
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, honey and balsamic vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Place the peeled carrots in a 9x13 baking dish and pour the balsamic vinegar mixture all over the carrots and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes. Flip the carrots and roast for an additional 15-20 minutes until the carrots are tender and caramelized.
- Transfer the carrots to a serving platter and spoon a generous serving of Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto over top and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios before serving.