Pasta & Pizza
Artichoke and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
This rich and savory dish is a perfect vegetarian meal that the whole family will enjoy. Jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with creamy ricotta, marinated artichoke hearts, and a blend of cheeses. Mixed with basil pesto and topped with our Artisan Ingredients® Italian Plum Tomato Marinara sauce, these shells are baked to perfection and ready in an hour.
- 24 jumbo shells
- 3/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 3/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto
- 1 cup Marinated Artichoke Hearts chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Artisan Ingredients® Italian Plum Tomato Marinara
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the shells for half the amount of the suggested cooking time*, about 7 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the ricotta, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto, chopped Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Hearts, egg, grated parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together until fully combined.
- Pour the Artisan Ingredients® Italian Plum Tomato Marinara, into a 12-inch oven safe skillet or a 9x13 baking dish.
- Once the pasta shells are cool enough to handle, stuff each shell with 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture and nestle into the baking dish with the pasta sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and lightly golden. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves before serving.
*The pasta will be undercooked after boiling, but will finish cooking as they bake in the sauce.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.