Fish & Seafood Dishes
Date Night Scallops with Tomatoes, Capers and Kalamata Olives
With only 10 ingredients and ready in 30 minutes, this recipe is perfect for date night! Simple, sophisticated and sure to impress, these seared scallops are topped with a delicious sauce made with burst cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers and garlic.
- 1/2 cup olive oil divided
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry, sun-gold or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine such as pinot grigio
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
- 1 tablespoon Imported Non-Pareil Capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 8 large sea scallops patted dry
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until they begin to burst, about 5-6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and carefully pour in the white wine. Cook until the wine has almost evaporated and stir in the sliced garlic, Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives and Mezzetta® Imported Non-Pareil Capers. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Season with additional salt and pepper and set aside.
- Season the scallops generously on both sides with salt and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over in a separate large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the scallops and cook until golden brown and seared, about 2 minutes per side.
- Divide the tomato and olive mixture among plates and place the scallops on top. Serve as-is, over pasta or with crusty bread to sop up all the sauce.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.