Stovetop Pesto Mac and Cheese
Nice and easy, nice and cheesy! This stovetop macaroni and cheese comes together in 20 minutes and is the best, most comforting meal to make on a weeknight! A few dollops of our Artisan Ingredients Basil Pesto really takes this mac and cheese to the next level!
- 1 lb. short pasta, such as elbow macaroni cooked to al dente
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2.5 cups whole milk at room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the flour to create a paste. Cook the flour and butter mixture until golden brown and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the room temperature milk and increase the heat slightly. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in the cheese until melted and add 4 tablespoons of the pesto.
- Lastly, add the pasta and remaining 2 tablespoons of pesto, stir to combine and season with additional salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.