Baked Spaghetti Pie
1 hour 30 minutes
Spaghetti pie is the perfect way to use up leftover spaghetti and sauce. Its impressive in stature and flavor and perfect for a hungry crowd!
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Artisan Ingredients® Tomato Pesto
- 2 cups Artisan Ingredients® Caramelized Onion Marinara
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F. Brush a 9" spring form pan with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Mezzetta® Artisan Ingredients Caramelized Onion & Butter Marinara, Mezzetta® Regional Recipes Tomato Pesto ricotta, eggs, 1 tsp salt, pepper, and 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese to the pasta and mix well. Gently pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Layer the mozzarella over the top and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove the pie from the oven and increase the temperature to 400°F. Remove the foil from the pan and return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned and bubbly. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil and parsley.
- Allow to rest at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.