Spicy Watermelon Margarita
- 5 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 cup Cointreau or triple sec
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers brine plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a blender, puree the watermelon cubes and strain juice through a wire mesh strainer into a large pitcher. Discard any pulp and seed remnants.
- To the large pitcher with the watermelon juice, add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and Mezzetta® Sliced Hot Jalapeño Pepper brine and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a shallow dish, combine the kosher salt and chili powder.
- To prepare the margaritas, rim each glass with the chili powder mixture by wetting the rim of the glass with Cointreau and dipping in the chili and salt. Pour the watermelon margarita over ice and serve with a garnish of Mezzetta® Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers and a lime wedge.
*For less heat, use our Mezzetta® Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers