Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Savor the taste of Philly with our Philly-Style Cheesesteak Sandwiches, packed with tender, thinly sliced beef, caramelized onions, gooey melted cheese, and the sweet and smoky addition of our roasted red bell pepper strips.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound thinly sliced sirloin steak
- 1/2 a yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips drained
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the thinly sliced sirloin steak and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the yellow onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips to the skillet with the vegetables and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Open the hoagie rolls and place them on a baking sheet. Place a slice of provolone cheese on each roll. Add the cooked sirloin steak to the skillet with the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Divide the steak and vegetable mixture among the hoagie rolls. Top each sandwich with another slice of provolone cheese and bake the sandwiches for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.