Peperoncini Garlic Bread
A savory combination of butter, herbs, cheese and roasted garlic is taken to the next level, thanks to our spicy Peperoncini peppers. Perfect for lovers of garlic bread, who crave an extra bit of kick!
- 1 large head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini minced, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large load Italian bread halved lengthwise
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Leaving the head of garlic intact, cut the tip off the garlic to expose the cloves. Place the head of garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and wrap completely with the foil. Transfer to the oven to bake for 45 minutes until the garlic cloves are golden brown and caramelized. *
- To a mixing bowl, add the softened butter, parsley, basil, minced Mezzetta® Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from the head of garlic straight into the butter mixture and mix everything together with a fork until combined.
- Place the halved Italian loaf cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet and spread the butter mixture all over both halves of the bread. Transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the butter mixture is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Top the bread with additional Mezzetta® Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini before slicing into 1-inch pieces and serving.