One Pan Peperoncini Chicken
1 hour 15 minutes
Dinnertime is made easy and vibrant with this one pan chicken recipe! Our bright, flavorful Golden Greek Peperoncini take this simple recipe to the next level. Use whatever parts of the chicken you’d like and get creative by adding assorted vegetables and herbs to make this dish your own. Be sure to utilize the brine in the jar for that extra pop of flavor!
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thights
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. baby potatoes halved
- 1/2 a red onion thinly sliced
- 12 Golden Greek Peperoncini drained, ½ cup of brine reserved
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Special Equipment
- 1 large (12 inch) oven safe skillet
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper and add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to the cold skillet. Add the chicken, skin side down, and place the pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken, undisturbed for 8-10 minutes until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- While the chicken cooks. Add the halved potatoes, sliced red onion, Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini, garlic, oregano and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss everything together to combine.
- Flip the chicken and snugly arrange the potato mixture around the chicken. Pour in the reserved Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini brine and transfer the skillet to the oven to roast for 40-45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place the skillet over medium heat and cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly, roughly 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken back to the skillet and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.