Meat & Poultry Dishes
One Pan Chicken Cacciatore
This savory chicken cacciatore dish is the perfect, easy to make Sunday dinner recipe. Using our delicious Mezzetta® products allows you to accomplish that deep, slow simmered flavor in record time with just 10 ingredients, and all in one pan!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 (25 ounce) jar Family Recipes Marinara Sauce
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook on the other side for another 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives, Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, wine, chicken stock and Mezzetta® Family Recipes Marinara Sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, return the chicken to the skillet, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.