Chicken Parmesan Burgers
A crispy chicken burger topped with Parmigiano Reggiano-packed marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella and fragrant fresh basil—what's not to love? These burgers truly are the perfect spin on an Italian-American classic.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup seasoned italian breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/2 cups Artisan Ingredients® Parmigiano Reggiano Marinara
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 hamburger buns toasted
- In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine and divide the mixture into 4 equal patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties on one side until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Artisan Ingredients® Parmigiano Reggiano Marinara to the skillet and reduce to a simmer. Cover each patty with a slice of mozzarella, cover the skillet and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the chicken patties are cooked through and the cheese is fully melted.
- Add a spoonful of the sauce to the bottom of a toasted hamburger bun, add the chicken parmesan burger patty and top with 2 fresh basil leaves. Cover with the top bun and serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.