All the elements of the famous New Orlean’s sandwich, but in pizza form! Our Italian Olive Salad and Sandwich Spread gives this quick, easy, 5 ingredient pizza its signature Muffuletta flair and it’s the perfect way for it to feel like Mardi Gras year-round!
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 (1lb.) ball store-bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 cup Italian Olive Salad & Sandwich Spread divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 sliced provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 3 slices salami, cut into strips
- 3 slices mortadella, cut into strips
- Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the bottom rack of your oven and preheat your oven to 500°F with the pizza stone in the oven.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a large, 14-16” circle and spread ½ cup of the Mezzetta® Italian Olive Salad and Sandwich Spread all over the dough, making sure to leave a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Scatter the shredded mozzarella cheese, provolone, salami, mortadella, and prosciutto all over the pizza. Dollop with the remaining Mezzetta® Italian Olive Salad and Sandwich Spread and transfer to the preheated oven to bake until the crust is golden brown, and the cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Allow the pizza to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
This pizza can also be enjoyed Neapolitan style in a wood or gas fired pizza oven. Simply use a ½ lb. ball of dough and half the ingredient quantities as Neapolitan style pizza needs to be thinner and a bit smaller. Most outdoor pizza ovens tend to get up to 900°F, so bear in mind the pizza will take only 1-2 minutes to cook.