Cast Iron Margherita Pizza
Now you can bring the taste of Naples home! All you need is a cast iron skillet and some of our amazing pizza sauce, to make your very own brick oven style pizza. Start with the classic Margherita, and then get creative!
- 1 lb store bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Artisan Ingredients® Pizza Sauce
- 1 (4 ounce ball) fresh mozzarella, torn
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
- 1 (12 inch) cast iron skillet
- Good with Mediterranean Calabrian Chili Hot Sauce
- Place a large (12 inch) cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat to 500°F.
- Roll and stretch the dough into a 14 inch circle, carefully remove the skillet from the oven and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the dough and carefully stretch to fill the pan.
- Working quickly, top the dough with the pizza sauce, leaving a 1 inch border around the edge. Sprinkle the torn mozzarella cheese all over the pizza and brush the crust with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Transfer to the bottom rack of your oven and bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 12-14 minutes.
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board, top with fresh basil, slice and serve.
Use this recipe as a base and get creative! Add your favorite toppings and Mezzetta® products to create your perfect pizza!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.