Meat & Poultry Dishes
8 hours and 15 minutes
This recipe cooks all day in the slow cooker and comes together in minutes before serving. Full of flavor, this tender roast is delicious served over egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or even in tacos and sandwiches! A hearty versatile meal that is sure to please the whole family.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (3 to 4 lb.) boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus gravy mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Golden Greek Peperoncini
- Season both sides of the roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. When hot, add the roast and sear, about 4 minutes per side until browned.
- Transfer the seared roast to the slow cooker. Sprinkle the ranch seasoning mix and the dry au jus mix on top of the chuck roast and place the stick of butter on top. Arrange the jar of Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini around the roast, brine and all.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender. Shred the roast and serve with gravy juices.
To make this in the oven, preheat the oven to 325°F. Sear the roast and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle with the ranch and au jus seasoning. Cut the butter into pieces and arrange all over the roast along with the Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 2 to 3 hours or until meat is fork tender.