Soups & Stews
Roasted Garlic Turkey Chili
Whether it’s for a rainy day or the “big game,” this healthy chili is here for you! Packed full of flavor from our Mezzetta® Family Recipes Roasted Garlic Marinara, it goes from pot to plate in under an hour!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers diced
- 1 (25oz) jar Family Recipes Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 (15.25oz) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the ground turkey and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often and breaking up with a wooden spoon until lightly browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika and diced Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, stir to combine and cook until the spices are toasted and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Mezzetta® Family Recipes Roasted Garlic Marinara, beans and chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low to simmer, uncovered for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Divide the chili among bowls and add your favorite toppings before serving.
This recipe can also be made with ground beef and beef stock.