Breakfast & Brunch
Mediterranean Eggs Benedict with JUST Egg
Have you ever had a plant-based eggs benedict? Well, now you can! We have teamed up with our friends at JUST Egg to bring you a vegan version of this mouth-watering brunch favorite!
- Plant-based Red Pepper Hollandaise
- 1/2 cup pourable JUST Egg
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plant-based butter melted
- Salt, to taste
- Plant Based Eggs Benedict
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) container baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 English muffins separated and toasted
- 8 pieces Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 4 JUST Egg Folded, cooked to package instructions
- Smoked paprika, to garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- To a large glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, add the pourable JUST Egg, finely minced Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, lemon juice and salt and begin whisking until the mixture slightly thickens, about 3 minutes. Slowly pour in the melted plant-based butter in a thin steady stream while constantly whisking until the mixture is emulsified and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 8 minutes. The hollandaise will thicken as it sits off the heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the Mezzetta® Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To build your benedict, start with a toasted English muffin half and top with a bit of the spinach mixture, 2 pieces of Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers and the fully warmed JUST Egg Folded. Top with a generous spoonful of the red pepper hollandaise and garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and chopped fresh parsley.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.