Huevos Rancheros Egg Cups
A mini handheld take on classic Huevos Rancheros. Perfect as an appetizer, or a light breakfast on the go.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup store bought pico de gallo, drained
- 2 tablespoons Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers * drained and diced
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers drained and diced
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers * for serving
- for serving
- Special Equipment
- 1 muffin tin
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray the insides of a muffin tin with non-stick spray to prevent the tortillas from sticking.
- Stack and wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel, place in the microwave and heat over HIGH for 10-15 seconds, until warm and flexible. Gently press the tortillas into the muffin pan, to form tortilla cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the black beans, cumin, and salt. Spoon a few tablespoons of the bean mixture into each tortilla cup. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the beans, dividing the cheese evenly among the 6 cups.
- Crack an egg into each cup, and place them into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny.
- While the egg cups bake, add the drained pico de gallo, Mezzetta® Hot Diced Jalapeños and Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve the egg cups with a sprinkling of chopped cilantro, a few Mezzetta® Hot Sliced Jalapeños and a few dashes of Mezzetta® California Hot Sauce.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.