Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
These loaded sheet pan nachos are a guaranteed crowd pleaser! Perfect for game day or a casual movie night with family, these nachos really bring the party. Get creative and mix and match your favorite Mezzetta® toppings for a one-of-a-kind experience that you can enjoy straight from the pan!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 pound ground beef*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16oz) bag tortilla chips
- 1 (14.5oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeño Peppers or Sliced Hot Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup Mild Banana Pepper Rings or Hot Banana Pepper Rings
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips
- 1/2 cup Regional Recipes Southwestern Chili Spiced Olives halved
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, colby, or monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro optional to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and add the onion and cook, stirring often until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add in the chili powder, cumin and dried oregano and stir to combine. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chips to a standard rimmed baking sheet and cover with a generous amount of the meat mixture and black beans. Evenly distribute the Mezzetta® Sliced Tamed or Sliced Hot Jalapeños, Mezzetta® Sliced Mild or Hot Banana Peppers, Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips, Mezzetta® Regional Recipe Southwestern Chili Spiced Olives, and cover with the shredded cheese. Transfer to the oven to bake until the cheese is melted, about 5-6 minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of chopped fresh cilantro, if using, and serve.
This recipe can also be made with ground turkey, chicken, pork, or a ground plant-based alternative.