Jalapeño Lemon Drop Martini
Looking for a cocktail that has a little sweet, a little sour and a little heat? Well, this Jalapeño Lemon Drop Martini is just what the doctor ordered. Our Sliced Hot Jalapeños make a versatile simple syrup that gives this cocktail its signature kick!
- Jalapeño Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers brine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Jalapeño Lemon Drop Martini
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce jalapeño simple syrup
- Granulated Sugar to garnish
- Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers to garnish
- To make the simple syrup, add all the ingredients to a small sauce pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil until all the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- To 2 small plates, add a splash of the jalapeno simple syrup to one and some granulated sugar to another. Dip the rim of a martini glass in the simple syrup and then into the sugar to make a sugar rim.
- Strain the cocktail into the rimmed glass and garnish with a slice of jalapeño on the side of the glass.