Greek Lamb Pita Burgers
If you love Greek food, you will absolutely love these olive and feta packed burgers! We top them with pepperoncini tzatziki, lettuce, and heirloom tomatoes. Stuff them inside a pita pocket for the perfect Mediterranean experience in the comfort of your own home.
- Peperoncini Tzatziki
- 1 english cucumber grated
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini drained and minced
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lamb Burgers
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives drained and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Warmed pita bread, halved lengthwise
- Bibb lettuce, for serving
- Sliced heirloom tomato, for serving
- Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini drained for serving
- To make the tzatziki, grate the cucumber into a bowl lined with a clean kitchen towel and, once grated, gather the towel together and ring all of the moisture out the shredded cucumber.
- Discard the liquid and add the shredded cucumber back to the bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the ground lamb, crumbled feta, minced Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives, parsley, cumin, coriander and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and, using you hands, mix all of the ingredients together until combined. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form into ½ inch thick burger patties. Season the patties on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering and cook the burgers, two at a time, for 2-3 minutes on both sides for medium rare.
- Open up the warmed pita and add bibb lettuce, heirloom tomato, a spoonful of pepperoncini tzatziki, the lamb burger patty and additional Mezzetta® Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini if desired.