Fall Harvest Flatbread
Treat your tastebuds to the warm flavors of fall with this quick and easy pizza! Store bought flatbread makes the perfect base for sweet squash, herby pesto, tangy goat cheese, salty prosciutto, and balsamic glaze for the ultimate autumn appetizer, or light dinner.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups small-diced butternut squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 large store-bought flatbread crust
- 1 (6.25 ounce) jar Artisan Ingredients® Basil Pesto
- 1/4 of a red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Baby arugula, to garnish
- 2 slices prosciutto, torn
- Store-bought balsamic glaze, optional to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the small-diced butternut squash, salt, pepper, ground nutmeg and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally until the squash is tender and begins the brown, about 8 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and transfer the mixture to a heat proof bowl.
- Place the flatbread crust on a rimmed baking sheet and spread the Mezzetta® Artisan Ingredients™ Basil Pesto all over the surface of the pizza and evenly top the pizza with cooked squash, thinly sliced red onions, Mezzetta® Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives, crumbled goat cheese and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 6-8 minutes or until the flatbread crust is crispy and the topping are slightly toasted.
- Scatter the arugula and torn prosciutto all over the flatbread and drizzle the pizza with balsamic glaze before slicing and serving.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.