Fish & Seafood Dishes
Cioppino (Seafood Stew)
We enlivened this classic seafood stew with one of our Mezzetta® Spicy Marinara Sauces. Make sure you serve it with a loaf of freshly baked bread— perfect for soaking up all the delicious broth!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Family Recipes Spicy Marinara Sauce or Artisan Ingredients® Spicy Plum Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups fish stock or seafood broth
- 1/2 lb. each fresh Manila clams and mussels
- 1/2 lb. bay scallops
- 1/2 lb. large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces white fish (such as halibut, haddock or cod) cut into 1-2" cubes
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Crusty bread for serving
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the onions and green bell peppers until the onions become translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half. Add the Mezzetta® Family Recipes Spicy Marinara Sauce or the Artisan Ingredients® Spicy Plum Tomato Sauce, fish stock or seafood broth, clams, and mussels.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer so the mixture bubbles gently, cover and cook for about 8 minutes until the shellfish are open. Add the scallops, shrimp and cubed white fish and cook until the shrimp turns pink and the fish almost flakes, about 5-7 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle in the fresh parsley and serve immediately with crusty bread.