Looking for an easy to make sweet treat that the whole family can enjoy? Look no further than these delicious fudgy cherry and chocolate brownies. On their own, or served with a scoop of our homemade cherry ice cream, they’re irresistible.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted and cooled slightly*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (11oz) jar Maraschino Cherries Without Stems drained and patted dry
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- No-Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and line with a sheet of parchment paper. Allow the edges of the parchment to hang over the edge of the baking dish for easy removal.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cooled melted butter and sugar and whisk together to combine. Add the eggs, melted chocolate and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, toss the drained Mezzetta® Maraschino Cherries Without Stems with a dusting of all-purpose flour. This will help the cherries from sinking to the bottom of the brownies.
- Carefully add the flour, cocoa powder and dusted Mezzetta® Maraschino Cherries Without Stems. Whisk again until smooth and be careful not to overmix!
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread out until smooth. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, to taste.
- Slice and serve warm with a scoop of our No-Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream.
The easiest way to melt the chocolate is in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Simply break the chocolate bar into chunks and microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted, stirring in-between intervals.