Cherry, Almond and Pistachio Biscotti
Sweet Maraschino cherries mixed with delicious almonds and pistachios give an updated take on this classic Italian cookie. Easy to make and sure to please, enjoy them with coffee or on their own.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (11oz) jar Maraschino Cherries Without Stems drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted unsalted almonds roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted shelled pistachios roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the sugar, room temperature butter, vanilla extract and eggs to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, chopped Mezzetta® Maraschino Cherries, chopped almonds and chopped pistachios and mix on medium speed until fully combined and a dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead together for 1 minute. Divide the dough in half and place each half onto their own parchment paper lined baking sheet. Form each dough half into a 10x4 inch rectangle, rounding out the edges to create that iconic biscotti shape.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until the dough is firm to the touch. Allow the biscotti to cool for 10 minutes before slicing each rectangle into 12 biscotti cookies with a serrated knife. Place the slices cut side down onto the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Allow the biscotti to cool completely before serving.