Chicken Parmigiana is hands down one of the most loved chicken recipes in the entire world, so we just had to put our own spin on it with our Artisan Ingredients® Parmigiano Reggiano Marinara sauce! Just add our savory sauce to a crispy chicken cutlet, top it with freshly grated mozzarella and bake until melted. It’s a classic recipe that is sure to please any night of the week.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Artisan Ingredients® Parmigiano Reggiano Marinara
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- On a large cutting board, butterfly the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, making sure to not slice all the way through. Open the chicken breast up like a book and place between two pieces of wax paper. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound out the butterflied chicken breasts, one at a time, until they are an even ½ inch thick.
- Set up a dredging station with 3 shallow bowls or pie plates. To one dish add the eggs, garlic powder, onion powder and 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk everything together to combine. To the second dish, add the panko breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper and to the third dish add the flour and season with salt and pepper.
- One at a time, dip the pounded-out chicken breasts into the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs, firmly pressing the breadcrumbs into the chicken to adhere. Transfer the chicken to a rimmed baking sheet and place in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- To a medium bowl, add the shredded mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan and toss to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- While the chicken cutlets chill, Preheat the oil in a cast iron or large high walled skillet until the temperature reaches 375°F.
- Once the oil is at the correct temperature, add the chicken cutlets, one at a time, and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy. Transfer the fried chicken cutlets to a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Turn your oven to broil.
- Divide the chicken cutlets between two 9x13 baking dishes (2 per dish) and top the cutlets with a generous ladle full of Mezzetta® Artisan Ingredients™ Parmigiano Reggiano Marinara and divide the cheese among the baking dishes.
- Place the baking dishes one at a time under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned in spots. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.