Beer Battered Artichoke Hearts
These light and crispy fried artichoke hearts are so easy and incredibly amazing. All you need is beer, flour, lemon, and a jar of our Marinated Artichoke Hearts. Pair them with a dipping sauce made with our Grilled Artichoke Hearts and ingredients that you already have in your pantry! These fry up quickly and are a great appetizer to throw together at the last minute.
- Beer Battered Artichoke Hearts
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for finishing
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle lager-style beer
- Zest of 1 lemon (reserve lemon juice for the remoulade)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts drained and patted dry
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Grilled Artichoke Remoulade
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 anchovy filets, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Imported Non-Pareil Capers minced
- 1/2 cup Grilled Artichoke Hearts chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat 2-3 inches of vegetable oil in a deep, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat until the temperature reaches 375°F*.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt and slowly whisk in the beer until smooth. Add the lemon zest and stir just to combine.
- Dip the Mezzetta® Grilled Artichoke Hearts into the batter and allow any excess to drip back into the bowl. Fry the artichoke hearts, in batches, until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the artichoke hearts to a paper towel lined plates and sprinkle additional kosher salt. Repeat this process with the remaining artichoke hearts.
- To make the remoulade, add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Serve alongside the beer battered artichoke hearts for dipping and sprinkle the artichoke hearts with chopped fresh parsley.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.