Fried Olives with Giardiniera Aioli
Battered and fried Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives are served with an Italian Mix Giardiniera dip for an appetizer that is sure to wow your guests. Get creative and try making it with our other stuffed olives too!
- Giardiniera Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Italian Mix Giardiniera drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian Mix Giardiniera brine
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fried Olives
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives drained and patted dry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- To make the Giardiniera aioli, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine and set aside until ready to use.
- To make the fried olives, set up a dredging station with 3 shallow bowls and add, in this order, the flour to one bowl, the beaten eggs to another and the breadcrumbs to the last bowl. Season the contents of each bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Preheat about 2-3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
- A few at a time, coat the drained and dried Mezzetta® Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives in all-purpose flour and shake off any excess. Transfer the olives to the egg mixture and toss to fully coat and finally into the breadcrumbs, tossing until the entire olive is coated in breadcrumbs. Place the olives on a clean plate and continue this process until all the olives are breaded.
- Carefully fry the olives in batches until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes, and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Continue this process until you have fried all the olives.
- Transfer the olives to a serving platter with the Giardiniera Aioli on the side for dipping.