Spicy Linguine and Clams
This mouthwatering seafood pasta dish features perfectly cooked linguine, clams and briny capers bathed in white wine and our Family Recipes Spicy Marinara delivering a burst of flavors that will leave you craving more.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy filets finely minced
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Imported Non-Pareil Capers drained
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine such as pinot grigio
- 1.5 lbs. littleneck clams scrubbed clean
- 1 (25 ounce) jar Family Recipes Spicy Marinara Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 12 ounces linguine cooked al dente, 1 cup of pasta water reserved
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the anchovies and cook until dissolved and then add the thinly sliced garlic and Mezzetta® Imported Non-Pareil Capers. Cook the garlic until fragrant before adding the clam juice and white wine. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the clams and toss together to coat the clams in the sauce. Cook the clams, covered, until just opened, about 6 to 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the clams to a large bowl and reserve the liquid in the skillet.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the meat from half the clams, discard the shells and chop the clam meat. Set aside the chopped clams and remaining clams in shells.
- Add the Mezzetta® Family Recipes Spicy Marinara to the skillet with the reserved pan juices and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Season with salt to taste if needed. Add the pasta and the reserved pasta water ¼ cup at a time, tossing together until desired consistency is reached.
- Add the chopped clams, whole clams, butter, and parsley and toss until the butter is melted and the pasta is coated in sauce. Serve immediately.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.