Pasta & Pizza
Bolognese with Pappardelle Pasta
Traditionally, this meat-based pasta sauce simmers on the stove for hours to develop maximum flavor, but thanks to our incredible Mezzetta® pasta sauces, you can now get rich, delicious slow-cooked flavors in record time.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 3 oz pancetta diced
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 jar Family Recipes Marinara Sauce or Artisan Ingredients® Spicy Plum Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb. Pappardelle or Tagliatelle pasta cooked to package instructions
- Grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and pancetta and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft and begin to caramelize.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the ground pork and beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Break up meat with a wooden spoon into crumbles and stir often to brown the meat, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the wine and heavy cream and reduce until almost evaporated; about 5 minutes. Add Mezzetta® Family Recipes Marinara Sauce or Artisan Ingredients® Italian Plum Tomato Marinara Sauce reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package instructions.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste, add in the cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and sprinkle with Pecorino or Parmesan cheese.