- 5 c. Ricotta cheese
- 1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
- 10 oz. spinach
- 2 eggs
- 16 manicotti shells
- 2 jars Mezzeta Napa Valley Homemade Tomato & Sweet Basil
- Mozzarella cheese- shredded or sliced
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Place the spinach in a pot of boiling water. Blanche the spinach and wring out any excess water with some paper towels and set aside to cool.
In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta, parmesan, spices and garlic. Add the eggs, salt, pepper and basil.
Chop the spinach and thoroughly mix all of the ingredients.
Cook the manicotti shells according to the directions on the box.
Once the shells have cooked, fill them with the cheese mixture.
Top with tomato-basil pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese and bake for 45 minutes.
Cool for 15 minutes before serving.