- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 pounds, beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1-16 oz. jar Mezzetta Italian Plum Tomato Delicate Marinara
- 1 c. beef broth
- ¼ c. Mezzetta Julienne Cut Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. pepper
Place a large skillet over a high heat. Season the roast with salt and pepper. Once the skillet is hot, add the olive oil and brown the roast on all sides. Place the roast in a crockpot, and add any juices that may have collected in the pan.
Add all remaining ingredients and cover and cook on low for six hours. Once cooked remove the meat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Slice into thick pieces and return to the crockpot. Serve pot roast over polenta.