- Sun-Ripened Dried Tomato Pesto:
- 1 (8 oz) jar Mezzetta® Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes
- 6 to 8 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mayonnaise Mixture:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 16 oz pepper turkey, sliced
- 8 oz dry salami, sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 20 Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini, drained and sliced
- 4 Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, drained and sliced
- 3 cups arugula
Make a pesto by pulsing the first 5 ingredients (Mezzetta® Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes through pine nuts) in a food processor until slightly chunky. Turn on the processor and slowly add olive oil until the pesto achieves the desired consistency. Fold in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste. Set aside.
Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and zest, garlic and ground black pepper. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Build 4 stacks of turkey, salami and provolone cheese on a baking sheet. Heat the stacks in the oven until the cheese melts.
Slice the ciabatta loaf in half, horizontally and then into 4 sandwich portions. Spread a generous portion of the pesto on the inside of all the pieces of bread.
Place the warm stacks of meat and cheese onto the bottom portions of ciabatta. Top with Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini and Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers.
Drizzle the sandwiches with some of the mayonnaise mix and top with arugula.
Place the loaf tops on the arugula, brush the sandwiches with the remaining olive oil and place in the oven for a few minutes to heat the bread.
Make That Sandwich Contest Honorable Mention Sandwich 2010 Kris Graves-Santa Rosa, CA