- 1 store-bought frozen pizza dough
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips
- 1 (14 oz) jar Mezzetta® Regional Recipes Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Optional - Mezzetta® Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives
Heat grill on high heat.
When grill is heated, brush olive oil on grill grates, use half the pizza dough and roll out and stretch until desired thickness is achieved. Carefully lay dough onto oiled grill. Immediately oil the top side with olive oil. Dough will start to bubble and char. Cook dough for about 3 minutes on each side.
When grilling the 2nd side of the dough, spoon on some Mezzetta® Regional Recipes Pizza Sauce. Evenly distribute Mezzetta® Sliced RoastedRed Bell Pepper Strips. Sprinkle blue cheese and bacon crumbles on top. If adding Mezzetta® Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives, add those as well.
Chef's Notes: Please note this technique. Many Mezzetta® products can be substituted for a grilled pizza recipe. Try a Mediterranean pizza with Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives, Mezzetta® Julienne Cut Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Hearts and Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips