- 9 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 12 oz baby spinach
- 8 oz dried bing cherries
- 3 Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers , drained and 2 tbsp of juice reserved
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips, drained and brine reserved
- 2 tbsp Mezzetta® Regional Recipes Basil Pesto
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 8 (1/2" wide) slices rustic sourdough wheat bread
- 12 Mezzetta® Imported Spanish Queen Martini Olives, drained
- 8 to 12 oz brie cheese, cut into 1/4" slices
Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a 12" or larger skillet, on medium-high. Add garlic and spinach, stir and sauté 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Set aside and allow excess water to drain.
Combine 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, dried bing cherries, Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers, juice from Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers, Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips and Mezzetta® Regional Recipes Basil Pesto in a 6 cup or larger food processor. Scrape down bowl and process until paste develops, about 1 minute. Set aside.
Heat griddle to medium-high.
Mix the garlic salt with the remaining olive oil and brush onto 1 side of each slice of bread.
Divide the cherry pepper pesto and spread onto 4 slices of the bread, olive oil side down.
Chop Mezzetta® Imported Spanish Queen Martini Olives and layer evenly on top of the pesto.
Add sautéed spinach and sliced brie cheese.
Top with 4 additional slices of bread, olive oil side facing out.
Grill for 4 minutes on each side or until toasty brown and the cheese has melted.
This is one of the delicious finalists from the 2010 Make That Sandwich Recipe Contest! $1,000 Finalist (Vegetarian Category) Merry Graham, Newhall, CA